Welcome to the GvLL Parents Corner maintained by your board of directors.
On this page you will find information about the league and how to improve the experience. Contact your division director with additional questions or suggestions for content on this page.
2017 Season Guidelines
This document covers General Information, Chain of Command Direction, Board of Directors Purpose, Coaches Guidelines, Little League Weather Policy, Game Rescheduling and Concession Volunteering information. It is reviewed and updated annually.
Concession Stand Volunteering
Concession Stand Guidelines
Thanks for Volunteering and helping generate funds to keep costs down at GvLL!
2018 GvLL Approved Safety Awareness Plan (ASAP)
Little League International Safety Requirements and Emergency Contact information updated annually and provided to team Managers.
Link to GvLL Player Evaluation FAQs
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about player evaluations and tryouts for parents and players.
Link to GvLL Seasonal Parent FAQs
Answers to questions for parents that are new to our little league or are looking for more information or who to contact.
Little League Parent Connection Newsletters
A link to the monthly news letters published by Little League International for all who participate.
Little League All Star Forms
The School Enrollment Form needs to be filled out by the parent and a school administrator, principal, or vice principal. This is the easiest method of enrollment.
If the School Enrollment Form is not completed, the Tournament Player Verification form can be completed, which requires 3 different documents for proof of residency.
The mission of the Changing the Game Project is to ensure that we return youth sports to our children, and put the ‘play’ back in ‘play ball.’
Michigan State Concussion Law
- all coaches, employees, volunteers, and other adults involved with a youth athletic activity to complete a concussion awareness on-line training program,
- the league to provide educational materials on the signs/symptoms and consequences of concussions to each youth athlete and their parents/guardians and obtain a signed statement acknowledging receipt of the information,
- the immediate removal of an athlete from physical participation in an athletic activity who is suspected of sustaining a concussion.
- The Michigan Sports Concussion Law requires any player who exits a game for a concussion must complete the Medical Clearance Form to return to play. This form will be provided to the team manager who will forward it to the division director to provide to the safety director for review and records. The team manager must also complete an Injury Report form and turn into concessions or any board member to forward to the safety director.
Little League Baseball and Softball Medical Release Form
This information was provided by parents during on line registration and is available on the player Bio Sheet. Managers are responsible to have player Bio Sheets with the team at all events.
Injury Report Form
- GvLL will use the incident / injury tracking form provided below for all events.
- Copies of this form are posted in the “Coach’s Corner” of the GvLL website and available at the concession stand
- Accident forms must be completed by the coach and reviewed by the GvLL Safety Director, Alison Edidin within 24 hours of the incident.
- Completed forms can be turned in at the concession stand or emailed directly to Alison at Safety@GrandvilleLL.com.
- The coach who completes the form must also call Alison at 616-808-9189 to ensure she is made aware of what occurred.
- Alison will take the next appropriate steps within 24-48 of the form submittal.
- If an insurance claim is to be submitted Alison will work with the president to submit the claim on behalf of the claimant.
Injury Procedures and Insurance Claim Form
The Post Game
What Makes A Nightmare Sports Parent -- And What Makes A Great One
Grandville Little League Clinics and Sponsors Training